Tips to Snap a Holiday Photo
of Your BunnyYou may want to have your rabbit in a Holiday card photo or take a pets/people portrait for the holidays yourself. Here are a few pointers:
- Go to an experienced Pet Photographer
- Make sure the photographer has the shot all set-up with all the props, etc. before the rabbit goes into the picture
- Be sure your rabbit has several minutes to get used to the area
- No tight clothing props attached to your bunny
- Make sure the floor isn't slick so the rabbit has some footing if the he/she won't be posed in your lap
- No hot lights until it is necessary (if at all)
- Better yet take the photo at home with a timer yourself
- Try taking the photo in natural light near a window instead of using flash, and if you do use flash, use the red-eye reduction feature on your camera
- Check your background and make sure it isn't too busy and detracts from your subject
- Get down at the rabbit's level to get the shot and that may mean sitting or laying on the floor
- Have a bunny "wrangler" to help who is familiar with your rabbit and can distract the bunny with toys or a treat
- If you have a digital camera, take as many photos as you want. You will find one that captures your rabbit's personality!
- Make sure you have plenty of time or have your camera on hand other times of the year to get a spontaneous photo
- Have a treat on hand for afterwards.
- To read more: Bunny was Supermodel for a Day by Mallory Mohring at the House Rabbit Network.