Tuesday, July 30, 2013

10,000 Meditating Bunnies Hit the Streets

An artist, Ji Lee, who used to be with both Facebook and Google Creative Labs, has a new project involving some very tiny bunny figurines.  He is placing the bunnies in public spaces for anyone passing by to find and keep.  The point is to snap people out of their mundane lives and slow down.  Real companion rabbits do this, too.  It happens every time I pet my rabbits and studies show it lowers blood pressure. 

I don't know if the 10,000 adorable rabbit sculptures Ji Lee has created will lower blood pressure, but I'm glad he chose the image of a rabbit for his project. He has also made it possible for others to participate in his project. Anyone can download the object print for the figurines and 3D-print as many meditating bunnies as you want for the streets of your city.  In fact, I wish they had small messages about adopting rabbits printed on them. More about Mysterabbit project here.