Monday, September 19, 2011

Hero Rabbit Saves Woman & Daughter from House Fire

In Ketchikan, Alaska Fire officials say a pet rabbit woke its owner because the house was on fire. It allowed the woman and her daughter to get safely out of the burning home. Tragically the rabbit did not survive and died from smoke inhalation. The bunny had woken the woman up by scratching her chest and  the woman saw the house was full of smoke. She rushed to get her daughter out, but the rabbit was left behind in the confusion. Fire officials say pets often find their own way out of a burning building but not this time.